Gambling Permits

The Council is responsible for issuing the following types of permits under the Gambling Act 2005.

  • Prize Gaming Permits
  • Family Entertainment Centre Gaming Machine Permits
  • Licensed Premises Gaming Machine Permits
  • Club Gaming Permits/Club Machine Permits

There are several differences between permits and premises licences issued by the Gambling Commission. Permit applicants are not required to hold an operators licence. Apart from club gaming permits, there are no responsible authorities or interested parties in relation to permit applications. In addition, except for club gaming permits, there is no need to give notice of application, and representations cannot be made. Except with regard to licensed premises gaming machine permits, the licensing authority cannot attach conditions to permits; a licensing authority can only grant or reject an application.

Further information about permits is available from the Council's Licensing section.