The hamlet of Broxbourne, from which the Borough takes its name,
contains St Augustine's Church built in around 1460. This is filled
with interesting tombs and memorials. Behind the church is the
restored Broxbourne Mill, first mentioned in 1086 in the Doomsday
It's principal features are the Monson Alms Houses built
of red brick in 1728, 97-99 High Road part of which dates
from the 16th century, and the Priest's house which is a 17th
century two storey dwelling.