Nordic walking is an effective and enjoyable fitness session for all ages and abilities and is one of the best cardiovascular and toning exercises there is.
It’s like cross country skiing without the skis or the snow! Using the poles, you can tone the upper and lower body at the same time and burn nearly twice as many calories than ordinary walking. It is a great exercise for improving your posture and balance - it is ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems and also reduces the pressure on knees and hips through the support of the poles. Nordic walking can be done anywhere – there's no need for hills, country paths or even snow!
All sessions are very sociable and walking outdoors has been proven to boost your mood.
Why is it good?
- A great full body workout that will not put strain and impact on your joints
- An excellent fat burning workout
- Releases tension from neck and shoulders and improves posture
- Strengthens your back and abdominal muscles
- All equipment is provided and the walks are suitable for all ages and abilities. All you need is sensible footwear and outdoor clothing.
- So come and join our friendly group for FREE for an enjoyable session to improve your health and fitness.
The Nordic walking sessions will meet outside the Cheshunt Park Golf Centre in Cheshunt and be held over five consecutive weeks.
The first session will take place on Thursday 31 August from 10.30am – 11.30am.
Places are limited and must be booked in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01992 785555 ext.1519