This page provides links to cycling organisations and other cycling websites.
- Bike BUDI: Bike BUDI helps cyclists contact others making the same trip so they can cycle together.
- Breeze Cycling: British Cycling's Breeze is the biggest programme ever to get more women into riding bikes for fun. Their central aim is to help thousands of women feel confident about going on a bike ride, and have lots of fun along the way.
- Cyclists’ Touring Club: Cyclists’ Touring Club is a national cycling charity funded through its membership fees and donations. It aims to protect and promote the rights of cyclists and undertakes community outreach work.
- Forty Plus Cycling Club: The Forty Plus Cycling Club is a local cycling group in Hertfordshire for people aged 40 and above.
- Give Your Town the Ride Around: The first Give Your Town the Ride Around event will take place on Sunday 19 April 2015 in Hoddesdon Town Centre. The event brings together health and community while supporting the local high street/business and good causes within the borough.
- Google Maps: Google Maps is a tool which can be used to plan journeys by bicycle. It utilises local cycle paths to suggest the best route for the desired journey and gives an anticipated length of time it will take to complete the trip.
- Hertfordshire Wheelers: Hertfordshire Wheelers is a local cycling group in Hertfordshire.
- Hertfordshire Year of Cycling: Hertfordshire Year of Cycling runs from May 2014 to June 2015 with a fantastic range of events and cycling promotions happening throughout Hertfordshire. Working with schools, beginner cyclists, clubs and elite professional racers alike the initiative aims to make Hertfordshire a place where cycling is better provided for across all the disciplines and user groups. For more information , please contact email@example.com or follow their twitter page @hertscycling
- Hoddesdon Triathlon Club: A friendly and expanding community club based out of Broxbourne Sports Club, EN10 7BA. The club have both junior and senior sections offering quality coaching across cycling, running and swimmin
- Lee Valley Regional Park: There are a variety of cycle routes in the Lee Valley Regional Park and it forms part of Routes 1 and 61 of the National Cycle Network.
Cyclists in the Lee Valley Regional Park
- North Road Cycling Club: The North Road Cycling Club is a local cycling group in Hertfordshire which mainly arranges road based rides.
- Sustrans: Sustrans is a sustainable transport charity. It works with families, communities, policy makers and partner organisations so that people are able to choose healthier, cleaner and cheaper journeys. An example of joint working between Sustrans and Broxbourne Borough Council is the construction of the A10 footbridge, close to the roundabout at the south eastern end of Lieutenant Ellis Way. The project was funded by a £500,000 grant from Sustrans lottery funding and circa £1,500,000 from Broxbourne Borough Council’s capital programme. The bridge opened in November 2010 and linked communities east and west of the A10, providing cycling access to places such as the Lee Valley Regional Park, Cedars Park, Waltham Cross town centre and nearby railway stations.
A10 footbridge which provides cycling access to places such as the Lee Valley Regional Park
- Transport Direct: Transport Direct is a journey planning tool which incorporates user preferences, such as finding the quietest, quickest or most recreational routes for cycling.