Alternatively, you can email Swim School, or call The Laura Trott Leisure Centre on 01992 623345 or The John Warner Sports Centre on 01992 445375
There is no age or ability limit to joining Swim School. You are never too old or too young to learn, from babies taking their first dip in a pool, to adults who have never learned to swim or would like to improve their technique. Swimming is not just a fun and healthy way to exercise, it is also the gateway to many other water-based sports.
Our professional approach to swimming is to ensure all our swimmers make progress; instilling a sense of achievement and enhancing self-esteem whilst generating self-belief and boosting confidence. We regularly progress our swimmers through the Swim England Learn to Swim pathway because our approach uses a number of learning styles specific to individual needs, enabling swimmers to move through the scheme at their own pace. All classes are fully staffed with life guards, all our teachers are qualified to at least Swim England Level 2, and all are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checked. Our teachers also undergo continuous professional development. Our teachers record pupils' progress electronically at each swimming lesson against clearly defined criteria, allowing you to track progress from your own computer or mobile device.
NEW! FREE SWIMMING ASSESSMENT with a Swim England Level 2 qualified instructor. Find out how you can benefit from Fit&Well Swim School.
The Fit&Well Swim School package
When you start your journey with us, you will receive:
- One class per week, 50 weeks of the year (additional one-to-one classes can be purchased for anybody age three years and above).
- Any swimming hats, badges and certificates that are issued as part of the course.
- Help in finding and fitting the right goggles.
- A Fit&Well Swim School discount voucher for use in our Fit&Well Swim Shop.
- Free swimming during public swim sessions, to enable swimmers to practice and improve more quickly.
- 50% off a month of lessons for both you and a friend when you successfully refer them (or their child) to the scheme.
- Free parking at The Laura Trott Leisure Centre for 30 minutes either side of a lesson (parking is free at The John Warner Sports Centre).
Members' access to the swimming portal
This online portal allows members to view progress through the Swim School
View the Swim School brochure here