Sign up for extra support during a power cut
Need extra support during a power cut or know someone else (maybe a relative, neighbour, patient, or friend) that would need extra support during a power cut? You may be entitled to free extra support from UK Power Networks.
Who can sign up?
If you live in the Borough and meet the following criteria you can apply:
- Residents who are dependent on medical equipment
- Residents who are chronically sick
- Residents with a disability
- Residents who are blind or visually impaired
- Residents with young babies
- Elderly residents
- A nursing or residential home
- Other cases will be considered too so please get in touch
What support can you get?
This doesn’t necessarily mean you will get your power back on more quickly but you will receive:
- A priority phone number that you can call 24 hours a day if you have a power cut
- A welcome pack with useful advice about preparing for a power cut
- Regular text message or phone updates during a power cut
- Extra support from the British Red Cross to visit your home (if you agree)
How to apply
You can apply in the following ways:
- Sign up now online
- Email email@example.com
- Call 0800 169 9970
- Download an application to print off and retrun to Priority Services Coordinator, UK Power Networks, Fore Hamlet, Ipswich, IP3 8AA
Who are UK Power Networks?
UK Power Networks own and maintain electricity cables and lines across London, the South East and East of England making sure your lights stay on. You don’t pay your electricity bills to UK Power Networks. Your electricity supplier is the company you choose to buy your electricity from, and who you pay your bills to.
'Get Ready for Winter' campaign
The ‘Get Ready for Winter’ campaign, led by the Cabinet Office and Met Office, highlights practical advice to help you prepare for a range of winter weathers, including cold, snow, ice and high winds.