Keeping warm in the colder months can help prevent colds, flu or more serious health problems like pneumonia. Hertfordshire has been given extra funding to help all vulnerable people stay warm this winter.
What help is available?
If you are struggling to keep your home warm or are worried about a friend, neighbour or family member who is, please call HertsHelp on 0300 123 4044 to find out what help might be available. Broxbourne residents can access the following services:
- Free emergency heating* – in the form of portable radiators, as well as other immediate measures, such as draft proofing.
- Free home energy visits – trained, experienced staff working on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council can assess the energy efficiency of homes and give advice to help residents save money on their heating bills.
- Referral for home energy efficiency measures – such as loft and cavity wall insulation.
- Free financial advice – advice on claiming benefits and advice on other sources of financial assistance to help with paying heating bills.
- Free advice on safety in the home – including fire safety and home security.
- Referral to other services – HertsHelp can put residents in touch with many different organisations and services, depending on the help that they may need.
To request any of the above services or to find out more about the help available, please contact HertsHelp on:
- 0300 123 4044 (local rate)
You can also telephone the Energy Saving Trust on 0300 123 1234 or visit the Energy Saving Trust website for more information on improving the energy efficiency of your home.
*If you rent privately and your heating system has broken down or is not adequately heating your home, please contact the Council's Environmental Health section on 01992 785511 for advice.