The Council's Housing Strategy sets out the strategic housing priorities for the Council. It sits under the Community Plan, and the Sub-Regional, Regional and National Housing Strategies.
The Council has a statutory duty to produce a suite of strategies that set out policies on housing in the Borough. These can be found below:
Affordable Housing Strategy
The Council has approved an Interim Affordable Housing Strategy. Following consultation with key stakeholders, a further Affordable Housing Strategy will be produced. Nine key changes in the interim Affordable Housing Strategy are listed below.
Summary of revisions:
- Definition of Affordable Housing has been amended to take account of the guidance in Planning Policy Statement 3 (PPS3) Housing 2011 with affordable rented housing included
- Analysis of Housing Need takes account of the Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) 2008
- The affordable housing target of 40% units on qualifying sites as now set out in the Broxbourne Core Strategy
- Assessment of viability of qualifying sites to deliver 40% affordable housing – how this will be done
- Section 106 sites – grant will not usually be available to fund affordable homes and developers will be expected to take this into account when making offers on sites
- Tenure mix of Affordable Housing to remain at 80% rented (including affordable rent homes): 20% intermediate tenure (including shared ownership) in the light of the SHMA and the viability study and housing need
- The Council’s policy on affordable rent homes, including an affordability assessment of rents of new properties
- The Council’s priorities for the allocation of shared ownership and other intermediate Homes
- Availability of Council grant to fund non-Section 106 affordable housing.
The Council has a statutory duty to produce a Homelessness Strategy.
A link to the Homelessness Strategy can be found below:
Housing Strategy 2009-14
Broxbourne Council's Housing Strategy 2009-14 was approved by the Council's Community Services Committee on 3 March 2009 and the Local Strategic Partnership on 26 March 2009. The document outlines the Council's strategic approach to housing for the period 2009-14.
The Broxbourne Housing Strategy 2009-14 is available below:
The Council's Tenancy Strategy sets out the factors which registered providers of social housing in Broxbourne should consider when formulating their tenancy policies. The Council approved the Tenancy Strategy for Broxbourne in September 2012.
Quarterly Housing Monitor
The Council produces a quarterly Housing Monitor with up-to-date information about the housing situation in the Borough.