The Council's building control section has achieved the Charter Mark standard for excellence since 1997. This Standard is continually raised and winning departments must be assessed annually to ensure that they maintain such criteria as value for money, courtesy and a high level of performance. The Government ceased this scheme in 2010 but Broxbourne building control has continued to maintain a high level of service.
If you would like to comment on the quality of our service delivery, have a general building control enquiry, or require further information, please contact the Building Control Manager at the Borough Offices, by either letter, telephone 01992 785566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Council has set targets for carrying out certain building control processes and the following performance indicators have been achieved for 2015/16:
- The time taken to acknowledge building control applications averaged 2 days and 95 per cent were within this 3 day target.
- Site inspections made on the day requested – 100 per cent achieved
- Out of the 4157 site inspections, 34 per cent required a revisit as works did not initially comply with the Building Regulations and alterations were required to be made to gain compliance
- Decisions notified within statutory period of five weeks – 100 per cent achieved
- Approval notices issued within two days – 98 per cent achieved
- 37 dangerous structures visited within local targets - 100 per cent achieved
- 47 unauthorised or contravening building works investigated
- The response times for notifying applicants following a full technical check of Full Plans applications averaged 7.7 days and 85 per cent were within the Broxbourne target of 10 days (Government standard 15 days)
|Summary of Accounts|
Net expenditure (exculding support costs)
Support service costs
In order to improve our service delivery we would appreciate your comments on the service you have received by either completing the Building Control customer survey or by emailing them to email@example.com.