Development briefs are planning documents which build upon the scope of local planning policies to guide development proposals for large, complex and/or important sites in the Borough. They will be regarded as a “material consideration” in the determination of any planning applications for that site.
Draft Development Brief
The consultation period for the following briefs have now ended:
- Theobalds Grove West Development Brief - the brief is still in draft format as the Council is awaiting supplementary information to support its content.
Adopted Development Briefs
The following are adopted development briefs for sites which have yet to be developed:
- Cheshunt School Development Brief - this brief guides the development of surplus playing field land to the east of the School. It proposes a residential development which will help fund improvements to existing school buildings.
Turnford Surfacing Site Development Brief (June 2011) The site is situated at the end of Rye Road in the Lee Valley Regional Park. The brief proposes to develop the site for predominantly housing with commuter car parking at the front of the site.
- Essex Road Gateway Development Brief (April 2011) seeks to develop two sites in the Gateway area, one for housing and the other for commercial use and implement a highway improvement scheme for Essex Road.
- Former St Mary's School site (December 2010) which seeks to redevelop the old school for family housing.
- Hazlemere Marina (November 2010) which seeks to bring a mix of uses on a marina site adjacent to the Olympic White Water Centre.
- Park Plaza North (July 2010) which seeks to bring forward land to the east of the A10 for high quality employment uses.
- Clyfton Close Wormley (June 2011) which seeks to bring forward a derelict garage site for a high quality housing development.
- Broxbourne Leisure Pool (December 2008) which seeks to bring forward the former pool site for leisure and recreation uses which complement activities in the Lee Valley Regional Park.
The following development briefs are intended to be prepared by the Council:
- Gospel Hall Site, Wormley
- Medlock Distributors, Waltham Cross
The following are development briefs for sites that have been or are currently being developed:
- Cheshunt South Reservoir (February 2008) which has been granted planning permission for 249 dwellings and is currently under construction
- Hertford Regional College (November 2005) which has been granted planning permission for a major redevelopment of the college and 225 dwellings and is currently under construction.
- Churchgate Nursery Cheshunt (November 2004) which was has been granted planning permission for two dwellings and is currently under construction.
- MAFF Site, Hoddesdon (April 2002) which was granted planning permission for 334 dwellings and is now complete.
- Canada Fields, Cheshunt (June 2004) which was granted planning permission for about 600 dwellings and is now complete.