Volunteers at sports clubs and groups in the Borough of Broxbourne can apply for a new bursary towards developing their coaching skills.
Broxbourne Council, together with the Herts Sports Partnership, has recently launched the scheme to develop the fantastic people who work at community clubs and who coach emerging sporting talent to be the best they can.
It comes in Hertfordshire’s Year of Physical Activity which aims to make the county the most active in the country to help people to lead healthy lives. This particular initiative is part of the year’s Workforce Development month.
It also offers a boost to local clubs in Broxbourne’s Year of Community 2018.
The bursaries aim to strengthen community sports volunteers and coaches through funding of qualifications and training courses. They provide clubs with the opportunity to reward and develop their new and existing volunteers with the ultimate aim of improving the delivery and provision of local sport.
Councillor Dee Hart, Cabinet Member for Leisure and Culture, said: “Wonderful work is being done every week by hardworking volunteers at community sports clubs. These funds will provide a boost to the inspiring people who really make a difference to develop the area’s sporting talent.
“I would encourage all individual volunteers to apply and for clubs to put forward anyone who would gain from taking part in expert coaching.”
The fund offers:
- 50% of the total cost of UKCC NGB coaching courses, levels 1 to 2 running in the Herts Sports Partnerships Coach Education Week (10–18 February). More information: http://files.pitchero.com/counties/58/1512134408.pdf
- The full cost of Sports Coach UK Coach Education workshops run through Herts Sports Partnership’s Coach Education Week. More information: http://files.pitchero.com/counties/58/1512134408.pdf
Volunteers need to meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Aged 16 or over
- An active volunteer of a sports club, voluntary organisation or charity group within Broxbourne that is constituted and/or affiliated to its appropriate governing body
- Be able to complete your training by 31 March 2018
- Have your club/group registered on www.active-broxbourne.co.uk
- If a coach or volunteer fails to complete the qualification, the funding will be reclaimed by Active Broxbourne.
The deadline for applications is Friday 9 February and forms can be found at www.broxbourne.gov.uk/sport-projects