Following on from the successful Year of Community, 2019 has been designated as Broxbourne’s Year of Young People where we recognise the value and important role that young people play in the well-being of the Borough of Broxbourne.
A key component of the Year of Young People will be the fifth annual Broxbourne Youth Awards, ran in partnership with the Broxbourne Youth Council, all local secondary schools and community partners and with the generous sponsorship of Aldwyck Housing Association, CEG, Cheshunt Football Club and Inland Homes. The awards celebrate the achievements of local young people and those that provide services and support for them. The ceremony will be held on March 29 at the Spotlight, but to make this event possible, we need to hear from the public about the achievements and successes of the Borough’s young people. A simple online nomination form can be found at www.broxbourne.gov.uk/youthawards and the deadline for nominations is Friday 25 January.
Other opportunities for children and young people in 2019:
- Weekly Youth Engagement Programme
- Satellite Sport Clubs in local schools
- Kidz Klub playscheme
- Lets GO Play – Easter Event at Cedars Park (31 March)
- Lets GO Play – VegFest at Grundy Park (7 July)
- Lets GO Play – National Playday at Cheshunt Park (7 August)
- Fit & Fed holiday hunger initiative
- Youth Violence Intervention Programme
- Community Awareness Event for Parents and Residents, Monday 4 March, Awareness Evening & Invite Letter
- Mayor’s Debate for Secondary Schools (November 2019)
- Opportunities for Excellence support for talented young athletes. Broxbourne Council's Opportunities for Excellence award scheme is also now open for applications. The ‘Opportunities for Excellence' grant scheme enables residents aged 11-30 to apply to receive a free one year Fit and Well Gym Membership to help them develop and improve in their chosen sport. The deadline for applicants is Sunday 31 March 2019, please download the application form here.
- Work Ready Schools
- Dragon’s Apprentice/Junior Dragon’s Apprentice
- Programme of events at Lowewood Museum
- Ongoing support to Broxbourne Youth Council/Youth Mayor
- Young Voices Project in February Half-term with Grow Cheshunt.
Other initiatives are being developed in conjunction with partners and will be announced in due course.
For further information, contact Broxbourne Council’s Community Development Team at Community@broxbourne.gov.uk.