Why should you consider bringing your business to Broxbourne or developing your ideas here?
Because the Borough of Broxbourne…
- Excellent strategic location abutting London.
- Direct Access to motorway and rail networks including a 23 minute journey to London Liverpool Street (and the City of London), a 29 minute journey to Stratford (and the associated Crossrail interchange opening in 2018).
- Excellent connections to Stansted and Luton Airports along with additionally very good connections to Heathrow Airport.
- High quality homes, historic countryside and places of interest, such as the Lee Valley Regional Park, making the area an attractive location to invest, live, work, learn and visit.
- Home to several major companies including News UK, Merck Sharp & Dohme and VolkerWessels UK and its subsidiary VolkerFitzpatrick.
- Tourist attractions including an Olympic venue: the Lee Valley White Water Centre.
- To reinforce and enhance the principles of the Greenbelt whilst promoting the Borough as a place to invest and do business.
- To promote the A10 as a backbone for economic growth thereby addressing current congestion and connectivity issues.
- To revitalise town centres currently under pressure with the changing nature of retail.
- To rebalance a relatively low value economy towards a high value knowledge intensive economy.
- To address pockets of deprivation characterised by low skills within the resident population.
- To reduce high levels of congestion on main transport routes and improve connectivity between train stations and key commercial sites
- To enhance those areas suffering from a poor quality built environment and public realm.
- Access to the proposed Crossrail 2 route will reinforce the area’s excellent strategic location and provide an opportunity to establish an international rail hub.
- Several development sites strategically positioned along the A10 corridor that will help achieve the economic growth ambitions of the Borough, the Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership and the London Stansted Cambridge Consortium. In particular, the Borough has sites that are suited for locating headquarters.
- A dynamic local authority willing to work in new ways and provide strong strategic and community leadership.
- A pivotal location for knowledge based industries: life sciences and technology sectors associated with the London Stansted Cambridge Corridor, finance and business services sector associated with excellent connectivity to the city of London and the creative sector associated with the M25 corridor links to the Elstree, BBC and Warner Brothers Studios.
Getting in touch with the team
To share your views or for further information on Ambition Broxbourne please get in touch via:
Telephone: (+44) 01992 785624
The Economic Development Team are based in the Broxbourne Borough Offices, Bishops' College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XB