Request a Spotlight ticket refund
The Spotlight theatre has been closed since the beginning of the COVID-19 lockdown in line with government guidance. This is a temporary closure but there is currently no date for when the theatre will open again.
If you booked to see a show at the Spotlight theatre which was affected by the closure then you may be eligible for a refund. The Council is processing refunds on a 'first come, first served' basis and is also working to identify those customers who have not yet come forward.
Note: requests for refunds for shows before 16 March 2020 will not be accepted.
Apply for a refund
You can apply for a Spotlight ticket refund using the online form at the bottom of this page. You will need to provide:
- your contact details
- the booking reference number, if you have one, which you can find on your ticket or booking confirmation (nine characters beginning 43)
- the name of the show you were going to see
- the date and time of the show you were going to see
- the number of tickets you bought
- your method of payment - card (payment made online or by telephone), cash, theatre voucher or chip and pin (card payment made in person)
- details of where you want the refunded payment to be made
- any additional information
Providing a booking reference will speed up the refund process.
If you paid by credit or debit card online or by telephone, the refund payment can be made back to the card you paid on.
If you paid by cash or chip and pin (a credit or debit card payment made in person), the refund payment will be made by an electronic bank transfer (BACS) into the account you specify and will take between one and two weeks.