Coronavirus (COVID-19) - advice, information and help

Financial support for individuals

The government has announced a range of measures to support individuals who may be facing financial challenges through loss of work. These include an increase to the amount paid by Universal Credit and an uplift to the Local Housing Allowance (LHA).

Universal Credit is paid and administered by the Department for Work and Pensions. You can find advice on how to claim for the first time and details regarding the Local Housing Allowance at

The Government announced the Household Support Grant to support families with essential needs during the winter of 2021/22. This includes the cost of food and energy. This funding is being administered by Hertfordshire County Council and details can be found at:

How the Council can help?

If you need help to pay your Council Tax you can apply for Council Tax support.

Apply for Council Tax support 

The Council will continue to support you through these difficult times and benefits claims will continue to be paid. Council Tax support requests will be processed as quickly as possible.

Last updated: 30 November 2020.