Register your interest for the Job Smart and Kickstart work schemes
To tackle growing unemployment due to COVID-19, the Council is supporting two work schemes for residents and businesses within the Borough.
This is a community project seeking to help people aged 25 and over gain confidence in getting back to work and improving their digital skills.
- identifying skills for employment
- writing a good CV
- creating a good LinkedIn profile
- where to look for jobs and how to apply
- preparing for interviews (online and physical)
You can find further information on registering for this scheme through Community Voluntary Services.
Set up by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), this programme provides funding for employers to create six month job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment.
You will need to provide a minimum of 30 placements to apply for the Kickstart scheme on GOV.UK.
For businesses who have less than 30 placements available, the Council can act as an intermediary. This means the Council will:
- set up a group of businesses that can provide 30 placements or more
- apply for the scheme on behalf of the group
- encourage employers to create good quality job placements
- share details of what employers are offering, passing further information to work coaches, who will refer the right young people for the placements
- receive payments made by the DWP and pass on relevant payments (wages) to employers
- provide employment support directly to young people on the scheme