In 2011, Broxbourne Council signed a county-wide Armed Forces Community Covenant that aims to improve the lives of returning armed services personnel and their families.
The Armed Forces Community Covenant is based on three key themes:
- Ensuring that the contribution made by the County Council's Armed Forces community is celebrated and honoured
- Ensuring that past and present members of the Armed Forces have fair access to public services
- Ensuring that those Armed Forces personnel that do experience difficulties as a result of their service receive appropriate support and advice when needed
The aims of the Covenant are to:
- Encourage local communities to support the Armed Forces community in their areas
- Nurture public understanding and awareness amongst the public of issues affecting the Armed Forces community
- Recognise and remember the sacrifices faced by the Armed Forces Community
- Encourage activities which help to integrate the Armed Forces community into local life
- Encourage the Armed Forces community to help and support the wider community, whether through participation in events and joint projects, or other forms of engagement
Broxbourne Council is committed to fulfilling these objectives.
Please visit the Hertfordshire Heroes website for further information.