Broxbourne Borough Council has three corporate priorities.
Each corporate priority will be delivered through a set of corporate objectives.
Ambition Broxbourne: a thriving economy
- Support higher educational attainment and skills levels and bring in higher skilled, better paid jobs.
- Promote inward investment and support business growth.
- Support thriving town centres and businesses.
- Deliver affordable homes for local people.
- Lobby for improved transport links and support sustainable transport, such as bus, rail, walking and cycling.
Beautiful Broxbourne: enhancing the quality of life
- Promote community safety and reduce fear of crime.
- Enhance the quality of life in local neighbourhoods.
- Maintain a clean and tidy Broxbourne.
- Reduce waste and increase recycling.
- Maintain parks and open spaces and promote their use, and seek the creation of new accessible open spaces.
- Help residents to have a healthy lifestyle.
- Encourage a sense of community through events, leisure activities and volunteering.
- Help residents affected by homelessness and disadvantage.
Innovative Broxbourne: an effective, enabling council
- Achieve financial self-sufficiency by 2020.
- Communicate effectively with residents of all ages and backgrounds.
- Build strong partnerships to deliver more for the Borough.
- Be transparent and ensure effective scrutiny and risk management.
- Develop a workforce with the skills to meet changing needs.
- Assess the performance of Council services and take action to improve.
- Meet Council service standards and deliver good customer care.
The Council's Corporate Plan 2017-20 describes how these objectives will be achieved.