The electoral register (sometimes called the ‘electoral roll’) is a list of everyone who is registered to vote. If you want to vote you must be on the electoral register. Paying council tax does not mean you are registered to vote.

Join the electoral register or update your address details

You can apply to join the electoral register or update your address details at GOV.UK. You will need your National Insurance number. If you cannot find your National Insurance number you can look on the GOV.UK page: find a lost national insurance number.

Update other details