Broxbourne has some great places for walking, with or without the dog, from woodland to parks. The Council manages 722 acres of open space and then there is the vast Lee Valley Park and lots of woodland. Enjoy some wonderful scenery and fresh air, a gentle stroll or a brisk hike. Make the most of the Borough's open spaces including Cedars, Barclay, Whit Hern and Cheshunt Parks. The White Water Centre also permits dogs in its grounds. Broxbourne would like all users to enjoy their walk. Please therefore ensure you clear up after your dog.
Visit one of the Borough's dog friendly pubs for a drink or a bite to eat. The following pubs are happy to welcome well behaved dogs on a lead into the bar.
- The Crown, Old Nazeing Road, Broxboune, EN10 6QT
- The Galley Hall, Hailey Hall, Hailey, Hoddesdon, Herts SG13 7NY
- The Goffs Oak, Newgatestreet Road, Goffs Oak, EN7 5RH
- The Roman Urn, 137 Crossbrook Street, Cheshunt, EN8 8LY
- Wheelwrights, Goffs Lane, Goffs Oak, EN7 5EP
- The Crocodile, College Road, Cheshunt, EN8 9NQ (on wooden flooring)
- The Plough, 57 Flamstead End Road, Cheshunt, EN8 0JB
If you are staying overnight and want to bring along your furry friend there are a number of places which welcome dogs in Broxbourne and the surrounding areas.
- Camping and Caravanning - Make use of Broxbourne's great locations.
- Cheshunt Travelodge - Near the M25 for easy access into the Borough's attractions or for visiting London.
- Hanbury Manor Hotel - Located outside the Borough but with good access via A10.
Note: The hotels are happy to take well behaved dogs for a small fee (please advise when booking)
Can you recommend a dog friendly attraction, location or place to eat in Broxbourne? Email your suggestions to the Enjoy Broxbourne Team at email@example.com so we can consider them for the site.