You are about to be discharged from care (16-25)

What the Council can do

If you have spent time in care, the Council will contact the Children's Services department that was responsible for you at that time. It will request details of support you may be entitled to continue to receive, including housing.

If you need to make a housing application you will need to give as many details as possible, including:

  • identification - for example, a copy of your passport, birth certificate or home office papers
  • your financial information - for example, bank account details
  • details of your previous social worker and Leaving Care Personal Adviser

The Council may:

  • help you identify any places where you have a right to live
  • put you in touch with organisations that could help you
  • contact your social worker and Leaving Care Personal Adviser and request information relating to your time spent in care