Nominations for the Hertfordshire Service to Sport awards is now open.
The sporting community in Broxbourne are encouraged to submit nominations for the prestigious Hertfordshire Service to Sport Awards.
These annual awards celebrate the dedicated, enthusiastic, life-changing individuals, projects and clubs that make up the sporting landscape of Hertfordshire.
Nominations can be submitted online at https://sportinherts.org.uk/news/service-to-sport-awards/ and the deadline for nominations is Monday 30 September. Organised by the Herts Sports Partnership, the Awards ceremony will be held on Tuesday 19 November 2019 at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield, attended by approximately 500 guests.
This year there are 13 categories, as follows:
- Nadine Mehta Unsung Hero
- Community Coach of the Year: Female
- Community Coach of the Year: Male
- Disability Coach of the Year
- Contribution to Disability Sport
- Apprentice of the Year Award
- University of Hertfordshire Active Campus Award
- Community Club of the Year
- ‘This Girl Can in Herts’ Award
- Voluntary Community Project of the Year Award
- Professional Community Project of the Year
- David Wray Service to Sport Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Criteria for each award can be found on the Herts Sports Partnership website. All nominations are made online except for the Lifetime Achievement award which is submitted via a video to [email protected]. Videos must be a maximum of one minute in length.
Previous winners and shortlisted nominees from the Borough of Broxbourne have included Ant Collier (Hoddesdon Triathlon Club), Mark Neville (Active Broxbourne), Siobhan Fernandes (Barclay Park Parkrun), Denise Woolf (Affinity Gymnastics), LK Fitness (Hoddesdon), Mark Bliss (Cheshunt Boxing Club) and Maureen Ball (Turnford Netball Club).
For further information, members of the public can visit: https://sportinherts.org.uk/news/service-to-sport-awards/.