Planning Performance Agreements
For more significant development proposals, or those raising more complex policy or planning issues, the Council encourages you to enter into a Planning Performance Agreement. These agreements set out an approach that takes a development proposal from conception to delivery.
Planning Performance Agreements are voluntary contracts between applicants and local planning authorities that help to:
- bring key stakeholders together and work in partnership throughout the planning process
- ensure complex proposals progress to mutually-agreed timescales
- ensure appropriate resources and expertise are provided to advise on complex proposals
- provide greater opportunity for dialogue through the planning process
- provide timely advice, helping to shape projects and give the best chance of approval
This approach works best when applicants engage with the Council as early as possible in the process.