Information and guidance

Pre-application advice from the Environment Agency

You should contact the Environment Agency if your proposed development site is:

  • a hectare or more
  • in flood zones 2 or 3
  • close to a watercourse
  • on potentially contaminated land
  • handling waste or hazardous substances

The Environment agency also provides a planning advice service.

View Environment Agency advice service (PDF)