Self-build and custom housebuilding

Claim a local connection

If you can show a local connection with the Broxbourne area you will benefit from early information about landowners and developers offering sites. The table below shows the types of evidence needed to demonstrate a local connection.

Connection Example of evidence
You have lived in the Borough for three out of the last five years. Current or former council tax bills, utility bills or a lease agreement.
You have a permanent job in the Borough. Contract of employment, letter from employer on headed paper or a wage slip giving the address of your employer.
You have a close relative (parent, sister, brother or child) who currently resides in the Borough, and has lived here for three out of the last five years, or if very young, since birth. Name of your close relative and the nature of your relationship, and evidence that this individual lives in the Borough. For a child, this could be a GP letter, a letter from the school or a child benefit record.
You are currently serving with the armed forces or have left the service within the last five years. A military ID card or a military discharge record including date of leaving services.

Please do not send original documents as the Council will not be held responsible for returning original documents to you.