Housing Worries

How the Council can help?


The Council's housing needs service offers advice and support on a range of issues including:


  • finding privately rented accommodation
  • knowing your tenancy rights
  • dealing with your landlord
  • homelessness and notice to quit
  • poor housing conditions and getting repairs done
  • rent and mortgage problems
  • claiming housing and council tax benefit
  • claiming other welfare benefits
  • dealing with money and debt problem
  • relationship breakdown


If you need to contact housing needs, please visit the Housing Needs Section page. Alternatively, you may be able to find the form or leaflet you need through the Leaflets and forms page.


Get advice early – before a query becomes a problem or a problem becomes a crisis.


You may also find it helpful to talk to other sections of the Council.


The benefits section can give you information about housing benefit and council tax benefit, which could save you money on your rent or your council tax.


The environmental health section may be able to help if your home needs repairs (whether you own it or rent it), if you have problems with pests, such as wasps or mice, or if you have noisy neighbours.