The Broxbourne Lottery was set up by the Council to help local voluntary organisations, charities and community groups to raise funds. It is an online lottery with a weekly draw. The top prize is £25,000, with other cash prizes too.
Tickets cost £1 and 50p of the ticket price goes to the local good cause chosen by the ticket purchaser on the Broxbourne Lottery website.
Local community groups, clubs and charities can sign up for free to raise funds through the Broxbourne Lottery. Good causes also receive free marketing materials to help them promote the Lottery to their supporters.
Signing up to the Lottery as a good cause takes only 10 minutes. You will need details of your organisation’s bank account, a logo if you have one, and a brief description of what your organisation does for people in Broxbourne.
Go to www.broxbournelottery.co.uk to sign up as a good cause, or to buy tickets.
An extra 10p from each lottery ticket goes to the Broxbourne Borough Council Good Causes Fund. This will be distributed to local organisations by the Grants Panel at its February 2018 meeting.
Council subsidies to local community groups
Every year the Council invites applications from local not-for-profit organisations for three types of subsidy for the year ahead.
• Non-domestic rate (NDR) relief - discount on business rates
• Facility subsidies – subsidies on the hire of Council facilities
• Notional rental – discount on rent for tenants of Council property
These subsidies are not open to individuals or commercial businesses.
Applications for subsidies are considered by a committee of councillors known as the Grants Panel. To apply for help for 2018/19, please complete the form and send it to the address stipulated. Note the timetable for making an application below:
• October 2017 - application period for 2018/19 opens
• November 2017 - application period closes
• February 2018 - Applications for reliefs and subsidies are considered by the Grants Panel.
• April 2018 - grant award payments made.