Broxbourne Council’s Safeguarding policies can be viewed via the links below:
The Council is committed to its duties under the Children Act (1989 & 2004) and the Care Act (2014). It works with the procedures of the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children’s Board and the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board.
The key contacts for safeguarding in Broxbourne are:
- Children: Steve Whitlam – Community Development Manager, 01992 785555 extension 5909
- Adults: Stephen Tingley – Head of Housing and Benefits, 01992 785555 extension 5522
- Domestic Abuse, Modern Slavery and Hate Crime: Nicola Pearce – Community Safety Manager, 01992 785555 extension 5828
If you have a concern you can make a referral to:
- Children: Hertfordshire County Council Children’s Services (including out of hours) 0300 1234043
- Adults: Hertfordshire County Council Adult Social Services (including out of hours) 0300 1234042
For Adult Safeguarding you may also use this referral form.