- Set up a Direct Debit (£34 per bin per year) online at the Council's website or by calling the Helpline. NB: The fee will continue to be collected every year until the resident cancels it
- Make a one-off credit or debit card payment (£39 per bin per year) online at the Council's website or by calling the Helpline. NB: All subscriptions made in 2018/19 expire on 31st March 2019.
Payments can be made online here or by calling 01992 785577.
Once the service has been paid for, residents will recieve a new proof-of-payment sticker containing a unique reference number and the address. These stickers should be applied to the lid of the green wheeled bin and there is no need to remove the old sticker. Bins must display a current subscription sticker to ensure it is emptied.
Garden waste bins displaying a current subscription sticker will be emptied every two weeks, on alternate weeks to the black refuse bin and dry recycling, except in the two week period including Christmas and New Year, when there will be no green waste collection.
As an alternative to subscribing to the green waste collection service, residents can:
- Compost garden waste at home by creating a compost heap or by buying a home composter (see below)
- Share a garden waste bin with a neighbour (a private agreement between neighbours)
- Take garden waste free of charge to the Household Waste Recycling Centres at Fairways, Turnford and at Pindar Road, Hoddesdon (see below.)
Further information including the Terms and Conditions of the garden waste collection service, how to apply for a discounted Home Composter and the opening hours of the Household Waste Recycling Centres can be found by visiting the Recycling and Waste pages of the Council's website.