To improve the use of parking facilities at Bishops’ College, parking enforcement has been introduced in the entire front section of the site.
Visitors wishing to park at Bishops’ College have to validate their right to park via a Pay by Phone system. The new regulations will be enforced 24 hours a day from Monday to Sunday, including Bank Holidays. The change will be applicable to all vehicles including motorbikes.
Parking charges are as follows:
Free up to 2 hours (free session must be registered through Pay By Phone)
£2.40 for up to 3 hours
£3.40 for up to 4 hours
£4.40 for up to 5 hours
£5.40 for up to 6 hours
£10 for over 6 hours (up to midnight)
Disabled Badge holders do not need to pay to park and do not need to regsiter their vehicle.
There will be no pay and display machine so all parking sessions will need to be registered through PayByPhone (including free parking for the first 2 hours). Vehicles must not return within 1 hour of a previous period of parking.
The location code will be 801290 and visitors can register for parking via the following methods:
- online at www.paybyphone.co.uk
- by calling 0800 546 0618 (calls charged at local rate)
- through the PayByPhone app which can be downloaded from the App store, Google Play or www.PayByPhone.co.uk
Cards accepted: Visa/Mastercard/Google Pay/Apple Pay (AMEX not accepted)
Any vehicle that contravenes the car park`s regulations will face £50 or £70 Penalty Charge Notice, depending on the offence. Penalties may be reduced by 50% if paid within 14 days from the issue date.
Penalty Charge Notices can be issued for the following reasons:
- Parked during the chargeable hours without having a valid PayByPhone session for the stay
- Parked after the expiry of a free session or after the time paid for
- Not parked wholly within the marked bay
- Parked in a disabled person`s parking space without clearly displaying a valid disabled badge
- Parked in a reserved bay, restricted area, or on a yellow line
- Parked in a loading bay without loading
- Parked within 1 hour of a previous parking period