A young people’s activities guide for this summer in Broxbourne is out now.
Sports sessions, youth clubs and discos feature in a packed programme in the latest edition of The Guide. It sets out a range of free and low-cost activities for people aged 11-19, on seven days a week, across the Borough.
New sessions this season include:
• Youth Netball at Goffs-Churchgate Academy from 4.45-6.15pm on Thursdays for eight weeks, starting on 14 June
• Girls’ Rugby at Cheshunt Rugby Club on Tuesdays from 6.30-8pm
• The Butterfly Project on Thursdays from 3.30-6.30pm at the CVS Community Shop in Waltham Cross
• An LGBTQ group for ages 18-24 on Mondays (details in The Guide)
Firm favourites are still on the programme, including:
• Xplosion Club Night for years 7, 8 and 9 pupils on the last Friday of the month, alternating between Goffs and Goffs-Churchgate academies
• Friday Night Football from 6-8pm at The Laura Trott Leisure Centre
• Street Basketball from 6.30-7.30pm on Mondays in Cheshunt Park and on Thursdays in Waltham Cross Playing Fields.
A new satellite club for anyone aged 11 and over, regardless of their school, will launch for golf at Haileybury Turnford School on Mondays from 3-4pm. This will run alongside tennis at Goffs Academy and golf, archery, street dance and table tennis at The John Warner School.
Evening youth projects will continue on Wednesdays and Fridays in Hoddesdon, Thursdays in Cheshunt Park and Fridays in Waltham Cross. Additionally the Friday Night Project will run weekly from 5-10.30pm (from 3pm in school holidays) at various sites.
To get a copy of The Guide, visit www.broxbourne.gov.uk/theguide or one of the Council’s One Stop Shops. For more information, like ‘Broxbourne The Guide’ on Facebook, follow @YouthBroxbourne on Twitter, email email@example.com or call 01992 785555 extension 5817.