ShopAppy is an established, multi-award-winning 'shop local' marketplace available across the UK and has now launched in the Borough of Broxbourne. ShopAppy creates an online shop presence to influence footfall and customer spending, and has already generated tens of thousands of pounds in sales for local businesses across the UK.
The Council has teamed with ShopAppy and is actively promoting its use to help local businesses to trade during this time of COVID-19 restrictions and the 'new normal' ways of shopping. Any business in the Borough can join the platform from now until 31 December 2021 for FREE with costs covered by the Council.
Using this platform, customers can buy your products, services, online experiences or events, or ‘buy now, enjoy later’ vouchers. They can browse, book, ‘click and collect’ or choose from available local delivery options.
There is no commission on sales (except from card transaction fees).
As a business you can:
- showcase and sell your products and services
- arrange delivery, collection or appointments
- have an online presence that can compete against larger retailers
- add your ShopAppy presence to Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms as an online shop, or link it to your own website
- speak directly to customers by adding items as ‘ring to order’, or they can ask you a question through ShopAppy
- add items as ‘coming soon’ to help you prepare for a return if your business is currently closed
- access support throughout the entire process with one-to-one calls and online group training
ShopAppy also has a partnership with VISA that provides further opportunities to promote your business and be part of the 'support local' campaign which helps small businesses.