Appeal a Housing Benefit or Council Tax support decision

Appeal a Council Tax support decision

If you think the decision for your Council Tax support is wrong you can dispute it by writing to the Council. The Council will respond to you within two months of receiving it. You should make sure you include any evidence you would like the Council to consider.

If you do not receive a response from the Council after two months, or you still disagree with the decision in its response, you can appeal to the Valuation Tribunal.

Your appeal to the Valuation Tribunal should be:

  • within two months of the Council's final decision
  • no later than four months after you first contacted the Council with your dispute if the Council has not responded to you