What you can do
If you are on a low income and live in the Borough of Broxbourne in supported, sheltered or emergency housing you can:
- apply to the Council for Housing Benefit to help pay your rent
- include an application for Council Tax support to help you pay your Council Tax
Universal Credit or Housing Benefit?
You should apply to the Department for Work and Pensions for Universal Credit to help with:
- your rent to a private landlord
- your rent and some service charges if you rent from a housing association or a private landlord
You should claim Housing Benefit through the Council if:
- you are living in temporary accommodation or supported accommodation
- you have reached pensionable age
- you are currently receiving Housing Benefit and you have changed your address within the borough
Apply to the Council
You should apply to the Council for Housing Benefit as soon as possible. You can request a paper copy of the application form be sent to you.
Request a paper copy of the application form
Further information on the Council's E Claim Directive
Submit supporting evidence
You should submit supporting evidence for your Housing Benefit application by using the online form below. You can also submit a copy of your application using this form.
You can submit:
- scanned images or photographs (jpeg, gif, png)
- documents (doc, docx, pdf, xls, txt)
The maximum file size is 24MB and the maximum number of uploads per form is 30. You cannot upload a ZIP file.
Only use this form if you have an existing Housing Benefit application, or you want to submit your paper application form as a scanned image or photograph.
Submit supporting evidence for your Housing Benefit application