Make an information request

What you can do

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) gives you the right to ask for recorded information held by the Council. This is called making a Freedom of Information (FOI) request. The Council receives Freedom of Information requests each month which are summarised in its Disclosure Log.

The General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR) give you the right to ask for a copy of any information held by the Council that relates to you, or to someone who has given you permission to make a request. This is called making a subject access request (SAR).

There are exemptions that may apply to your request. You can read about them on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.

If your request is to do with building control applications and outcomes you should not make an FOI or SAR request. Instead you should follow one of the two links below: