Report a green area or community space problem such as grass, hedges, shrubs or flowers


A 'green area or community space' is an open area of land owned by the Council. This is typically called a green space, it can include:

  • parks and open spaces
  • playgrounds and sports fields
  • highway verges
  • cemeteries
  • ​allotments​

The Council maintains grass, shrub beds, flowerbeds and hedges on green spaces owned by the Council. The Council does not maintain any land not owned by the Council, such as:​

  • private land​
  • private gardens and non-communal gardens 

You can tell the Council about a problem with a Council-owned green space. For example:

  • a shrub, hedge, rose or flower bed is overgrown or overhanging and requires attention
  • the park is untidy with litter
  • there is damaged play equipment​ or park furniture