You are about to be discharged from care (16-25)

What you can do

The Council may be able to assist you if you are leaving care and you think you will be homeless. Before contacting the Council there are some things you should do. If you are aged:

  • 16 or 17 you can talk to your social worker or Leaving Care Personal Adviser to see if they can assist you with finding accommodation. You can also speak to Herts Young Homeless (03003 230130 or 08000 355775)
  • 18 to 21 the Children’s Services at Hertfordshire County Council can continue to give you advice and support you in making a housing application. Herts Young Homeless will also provide you with advice and support (03003 230130 or 08000 355775)