What you can do
The Council may be able to assist you when you leave prison and you think you will be homeless. You should contact the Council before your discharge and it is important that the Prison Service or Probation Service makes contact with the Council as well. Make sure you have told them you do not have anywhere to live when you leave prison.
Before contacting the Council you can visit the following websites:
- www.stoneham-bass.org.uk for help with supported housing
- www.nacro.org.uk for advice and support about how to move on after prison
- www.hardmantrust.org.uk/directory for a list of financial resources that may be available to you
- www.unlock.org.uk for support for people with convictions
Other information that may help includes:
- the online benefits calculator to help you find out what benefits you may be able to claim
- the Council's housing forms and leaflets
- advice from Shelter, Citizens Advice and National Homelessness Advice Services (NHAS)
- registering with Homefinder UK
After you have done this and you still need more help and support you can ask the Council for assistance.