I want to report an on-going issue with my privately rented property which my landlord has not dealt with

If you have an issue with your privately rented property you should first take it up with your landlord. Your landlord is required to have a complaints procedure which you can follow. If you cannot resolve the problem with your landlord and the property is owned by the Council, you should make a complaint to a ‘designated person’ such as a tenant panel.

You can find more information about reporting an issue with private renting at GOV.UK.

You can also use the links below to report:

If you still cannot resolve the problem and the property is owned by the Council, you can contact the Council by completing the online form below. You will need to provide:

  • your contact details
  • the name of your landlord
  • details of the issue
  • any photographs you have of the issue

Report an issue