Broxbourne Borough Council is proposing to introduce an updated Article 4 Direction.
Broxbourne Borough Council is proposing to introduce an updated Article 4 Direction, to protect key employment sites across the Borough.
Under current legislation, a property owner can apply to convert offices to residential units via an Article 4 Direction. This process avoids the requirement to apply for full planning permission.
In order to protect local employment sites, the Council will be proposing to introduce an updated Article 4 direction. This means that full planning permission will continue to be required for certain types of development in the following areas:
- Pharmaron site, Hertford Road, Hoddesdon
- Hoddesdon Business Park, Essex Road, Hoddesdon
- Cheshunt Busines Park, Delamare Road and Fieldings Road, Cheshunt,
- Turnford Place, Great Cambridge Road, Turnford
- News International Printworks site, Waltham Cross
- Albany House, High Street, Waltham Cross
- Waltham Cross Business Park
- VolkerWessels site, Hertford Road, Hoddesdon
A consultation on the proposal will take place from 26 March until 10 May, 5pm. Details of the proposals, including maps of the affected areas and guidance on making comments, can be viewed online at www.broxbourne.gov.uk/consultations.
Following the consultation, the measures are expected to come into force on 28 March 2022.