At the annual Council meeting, held on 18 May, Councillor David Taylor was reappointed as the Mayor of Broxbourne for the municipal year 2021/22, which will be his second term of office.
Upon signing the declaration the Mayor said:
It is with great pleasure that I sign the declaration of office following my appointment as the Mayor of Broxbourne.
I am positive that the year ahead will be a better one than the last, and I look forward to meeting more of the Borough’s residents and businesses during the course of the next 12 months.
Councillor Paul Seeby will also continue as the Deputy Mayor for a second term.
In addition, the Leader of the Council, Councillor Lewis Cocking, announced three new members of the Cabinet and new appointments to the Council’s committees.
There are seven members of the Cabinet for the forthcoming municipal year:
- Councillor Lewis Cocking, Leader of the Council
- Councillor David Holliday, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for the Environment
- Councillor Paul Mason, Cabinet Member for Finance
- Councillor Siobhan Monaghan, Cabinet Member for Housing and Community
- Councillor Tony Siracusa, Cabinet Member for Planning
- Councillor Dee Hart, Cabinet Member for Leisure and Health
- Councillor Steve Wortley, Cabinet Member for Economic Growth
Councillor Andreas Payne was appointed as the Chairman of the Planning and Regulatory Committee, Councillor Linda Russell will take over as the Chair of the Scrutiny Committee and Councillor Paul Seeby has taken the role of Chairman of the Audit and Standards Committee.
More information on the Council’s committees can be found here.