Report an obstruction on the road or pavement

What you can do

If you feel that something is causing an obstruction and you are having difficulties walking or driving past it, you should report the obstruction by completing the form below.

Note: if you want to report potholes, broken or uneven pavements, or drainage issues (including manhole covers), you should do so through Hertfordshire County Council. You should also go through Hertfordshire County Council to report:

  • utility works (including signing and guarding fencing)
  • fallen trees
  • flooding
  • debris on the road

If you are reporting a vehicle parked on the pavement or verge, the Council is unable to take action unless parking restrictions are in place. For example, yellow lines or the vehicle is blocking a crossing. If you feel the vehicle is causing a serious obstruction please contact the police on 101. They will contact the owner and ask them to remove the vehicle.

Report an obstruction