You should apply to the Council if you want to:
- construct a new road for a residential or commercial development
- construct any building(s) (residential or commercial) fronting an existing road
- construct a building or buildings within the curtilage of an existing property
- convert a dwelling or building into two or more dwellings
- change a property name or number, or add an alias name (residential or commercial)
- renumber a new development at the request of the developer
- rename an existing street or name an existing un-named road
The Council has guidelines for any street naming and numbering proposal. These guidelines detail the supporting documents you will need to submit with your application form. You can view these policy guidelines as a PDF document.
- apply to the Council using the online form
- find the relevant fees for street naming and numbering here
The process usually takes four weeks providing the name or number is not contested.