Chapter 27 of the Local Plan 2018-2033 (adopted June 2020) sets out the Council's policies on the natural environment and biodiversity. A Habitats Regulations Assessment of the Local Plan was carried out and is available on the evidence studies page.
The Council's interactive map shows the location of internationally, nationally, and locally designated wildlife sites.
Epping Forest Special Area of Conservation (SAC)
You can view the following documents as PDF files:
- Epping Forest visitor survey 2017 (ecology footprint)
- Zone of Influence ('ZoI') map
- the interim mitigation strategy for Epping Forest special area of conservation
- Epping Forest special area of conservation guidance note (Natural England, March 2019)
You can find further information on the Natural Environment at:
- National Planning Policy Framework
- Planning practice guidance - natural environment
- Planning practice guidance - environmental impact assessment
- Planning and development: protected sites and species
- The Amphibian and Reptile Conservation Trust - planning and development
- Badger Trust
- Bat Conservation Trust - advice for developers