Apply for help to put your bin out

If you are elderly or disabled and cannot put out your bins or recycling boxes, the Council may be able to help you with its assisted collection service. This is a limited service for the Council's most vulnerable residents. 

The collecting team will collect your bin or kerbside box from an agreed collection point. Usually, this is the front boundary of your property.

The Council’s operatives are not permitted to carry bins, boxes or bags of waste up or down steps. Where possible, your bins should be left within 10 metres of your boundary or normal collection point.

To apply for this service use the form at the bottom of the page.

You will be asked to give details that will help the Council decide if you qualify for this service. For example, if you live with someone who is aged 16 or older and they could put out your rubbish, it is unlikely you will qualify. The details you will be asked to give include:

  • your name
  • your address
  • the type of bin
  • where the bin is kept (side of the property where the collection is made)
  • if you are asking for yourself or someone else
  • any documents required to support your application

Apply for help to put your bin out

If your application is successful, the Council will provide the service for a fixed period of time. After this, the Council may ask you to apply again.