Following an accident, I would like to make a claim against the Council

What you can do

If you believe an accident or loss that you have suffered is as a direct result of the actions or negligence of Broxbourne Borough Council you can submit a report for the Insurance Team to investigate.

The Council is not responsible for the maintenance of the public highway. If the incident occurred on a road, pavement or verge, please contact Hertfordshire County Council.

To report an incident please use the link below. You will need to provide the following details:

  • your name
  • address
  • email
  • supporting evidence (for example witnesses or photographs)

This information is required to investigate your claim fully and does not imply that the Council has accepted liability or that compensation will be paid. In order for the Council to consider paying compensation you will need to demonstrate that there has been negligence on the part of the Council and that you have suffered an injury or loss.

Report an accident