Make a formal complaint

What you can do

If you think there has been a failure in a service provided by the Council you must first try to resolve the complaint with the relevant Council area. If your complaint is not resolved you can then make a formal complaint. You will be asked to provide details that will help the Council understand your complaint. These will include:

  • your contact details
  • details of your complaint
  • any supporting information such as photographs or documents

Make a formal complaint

If you think a Councillor has breached the Code of Conduct you can complain about a Councillor.

Complaints for services such as highways, schools and social services are dealt with by Hertforshire County Council.