What you can do
If you are having financial difficulties and cannot afford to pay your Council Tax, you should request a new payment arrangement immediately. This can be done by completing the form below.
You will need to provide details of how much you will pay.
You must make monthly payments by:
- Direct Debit (you will need to provide your bank details)
- standing order
- debit or credit card (online or over the phone)
- payment card
You can view further details on these options at pay your council tax.
Your application may be rejected if you:
- offer a payment of less than £12 a month (depending on the amount you owe)
- offer an arrangement that does not clear by the end of the current financial year (March 31)
- request to spread the payments over the maximum 12 month period
You can also seek independent advice and support by calling Citizens Advice on 03444 111 444.