Freedom of the Borough
The Freedom of the Borough is a historical civic honour awarded to an Honorary Freeman – the highest recognition the Council can make to members of the public that have made an outstanding contribution to the community.
The following have been awarded the Freedom of the Borough of Broxbourne:
- Douglas Ernest Breeze (May 1977) - Former Councillor and Leader of the Council
- Marco Carruba (May 2000) - Mayor of Sutera – the Borough Council’s twin town
- Dame Marion Roe DBE (April 2005) - Member of Parliament for Broxbourne (June 1983 – May 2005)
- Dame Laura Kenny (Trott) DBE (October 2012) - Cheshunt resident and double Olympic gold medal winner at the 2012 Games. Dame Laura was also presented with a book of congratulations compiled with messages from Borough residents
- Royal Anglian Regiment (April 2017) - The County Regiment with historical Borough connections