You have been asked to leave by your landlord

Working together

The Council will work out a plan with you that describes what you have to do and what the Council has to do to assist you. This is called a Personalised Housing Plan or PHP.

If the Council does not have to provide a place for you to live, it will still help by giving you a list of places you can contact. The Council has a limited number of places in hostels. Some of the places you may be offered will be outside the local area. Other options for you are:

  • YMCA hostels - the two nearest are in Bishops Stortford and Welwyn Garden City
  • renting a room in a shared house
  • privately rented accommodation